About the Author
A Few Things About Me
- Jayne is my real name, Lyons is not – but no-one can spell my real name so I use this instead.
- I was born in Liverpool, in the UK, just over 21 years ago.
- I have two lovely sisters called Faye and Anna, who make me cry with laughter.
- I have a husband called Angus who tells the same jokes over and over and I laugh every time.
- I have a very lovely daughter called Rosie, who doesn’t get the jokes.
- I now live in Australia.
Things I love
- My Family
- Writing books
- Watching Films
- Playing tennis – although I’m rubbish
- Beautiful hills and valleys
- Cooking and eating
- Dark chocolate
- Singing and dancing
- Laughing with my friends
Things I hate
- Brussels sprouts – had to sneak them home from school lunch in my pockets.
- Mushy peas – very soggy in pockets
- Broad beans – yuk
- Dumplings – vomit
- Kidneys – puke
- Eggs – revolting
- Butter -urgg
- Fussy people – I would never fuss so much
Things that make me laugh
- Farts – especially by someone who thinks they’re important
- Australia’s funniest videos
- My sisters – they are so silly
- Rosie when she doesn’t get her dad’s jokes.
- Her dad’s bad jokes
- Personalised number plates on cars.
- Silly names. – Like Jane Butthead (she really did exist!) and Mr Ladygoose.
Things that scare me
- Huntsman spiders.
- Blue ringed octopus
- Red backs
- But worst than all of these are clowns!
“Jayne Lyons is an internationally published children’s author, who loves to write irreverent page-turning comedy action. Her books 100% Wolf and 100% Hero (Penguin Random House) follow the tribulations and triumphs of Freddy Lupin the heir to a proud family line of werewolves. Desperate to become a werewolf himself, Freddy is in for a shock when on his birthday his first “transwolfation” goes awry, turning him into a ferocious… pink poodle.
2020 will see the release of an animated family feature film 100% Wolf adapted from the book, by Flying Bark productions. A spin-off series will also be released in co-production with Australian broadcaster; ABC and Germany’s number one channel for family entertainment SUPER RTL.
In 2019, Jayne’s latest book Z for Zanto will be published as a not for profit endeavour in conjunction with the charity Save the Children (Vivid Publishing). It tells the story of a zombie kid who just wants to play football. The fast-paced action follows Zanto’s fight to live his dream, while working as a powerful allegory for the plight of child refugees.
Jayne also writes for adults under the name J.F. Lyons.
Born and raised in Liverpool, UK, Jayne combines the love of nineteenth-century literature with being a sport tragic – especially football. Jayne has travelled the world with her day job as a geologist and has seen the challenges facing underprivileged children in the developing world first hand. She moved to Australia in 2005 and now works in combating climate change by offsetting carbon emissions.”
Web : www.jaynelyons.com
Email : Jaynelyonsbooks@gmail.com